San Dionesio Church Ruins. The original Church was established here in 1681. However, it was rebuilt a few times: The original (wooden) building was burned by rebelling Chamorros in 1684. The rebuilt building was destroyed by typhoon in 1693. Earthquakes crumbled the structure in 1779, 1849, and 1862. The final straw was an earthquake in 1902. After that, a Church building was erected in a nearby location.
This served as the capitol of Guam in the 1700's, including a residence for the Spanish governor.